Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why aren't you all dancing in the streets?



Say it with me now, folks. And wipe that sweat off your brow.

PHEW!

It's (apparently) finally over. Jay Cutler is no longer a Bronco. And the best of all news? He is NOT a Redskin.

Oh yes, that is good news, my friends. Don't let anyone tell it it's not good news. On ESPN's PTI, the big headline was "Redskins miss out on Cutler" or something like that. No. It's a good thing the team "missed out" on Cutler. A very good thing.

Look, just take a gander at what Chicago gave up to get him. They got rid of quarterback Kyle Orton ... and then gave away two first-round draft picks and a third-round choice. For Cutler and a fifth-round draft choice.

Talk about a fleecing.

The Redskins need every draft pick they can get. So if the Broncos were asking for Campbell and all those draft picks I'd be saying no, no, no, no.

Not that I think that Campbell is the "quarterback of the future." I'm pretty sure I don't think that. Pretty sure. But I do know that Cutler cost way too much. And people in Chicago aren't even happy.

Good luck to the Bears. But I, for one, am glad the Redskins didn't pull the trigger on this trade.

Other Redskins news
  • The team will apparently meet with Campbell, now that the Redskins have done to him what the Broncos did to Cutler.
  • Lucky strikeout: Wilbon says the Redskins are lucky to have Campbell. I disagree. But here you go.

1 comment:

  1. I did not like how Campbell said in the subsequent interview that he and the team's management have the same vision. He has no vision!

    ReplyDelete